(59) Mei Zhang, Raoul Peltier, Manman Zhang, Haojian Lu, Haidong Bian, Yangyang Li, Zhengtao Xu, Yajing Shen, Hongyan Sun, Zuankai Wang. In situ reduction of silver nanoparticles on hybrid polydopamine-copper phosphate nanoflowers with enhanced antimicrobial activity. Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 5, 5311 (2017). Front Cover.
(58) Xiaofeng Zhou, Jiaqian Li, Hongyan Sun, Yi Hu, Lufeng Che, Zuankai Wang. Spatial control of cell patterning on bioactive surfaces with special wettability. Journal of Bionic Engineering, 14, 440 (2017).
(57) Jieke Jiang, Hengdi Zhang, Wenqing He, Tianzhong Li, Hualin Li, Peng Liu, Meijin Liu, Zhaoyue Wang, Zuankai Wang, Xi Yao. Adhesion of microdroplets on water-repellent surfaces towards prevention of surface fouling and pathogen spreading in respiratory activities. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 9, 6599-6608 (2017).
(56) William S. Y. Wong, Guanyu Liu, Noushin Nasiri, Chonglei Hao, Zuankai Wang, Antonio Tricoli. Omnidirectional large-scale self-assembly of superoleophobic nanotextures. ACS Nano , 11, 587-596 (2017).
(55) Xiangyu Yin, Yue Zhang, Peng Lin, Yupeng Liu, Zuankai Wang, Bo Yu, Feng Zhou, Qunji Xue. Robust thermogenesis for materials self-healing in both air and underwater. Journal of Material Chemistry A, 1221-1232 (2017)
(54) Chenghao Xiang, Chaoran Liu, Chonglei Hao, Zuankai Wang, Lufeng Che, Xiaofeng Zhou, Self-powered acceleration sensors with flexible materials based on triboelectric effect. Nano Energy, 31, 469 (2017)
(53) Alicia Kyoungjin An, Jiaxin Guo, Eui-Jong Lee, Sanghyun Jeong, Yanhua Zhao, Zuankai Wang, TorOve Leiknes. PDMS/PVDF hybrid electrospun membrane with superhydrophobic property and drop impact dynamics for dyeing wastewater treatment using membrane distillation. Journal of Membrane Science, 525, 57-67 (2017)
(50) Chonglei Hao, Yang Zhou, Xiaofeng Zhou, Lufeng Che, Baojin Chu, Zuankai Wang. Dynamic control of droplet jumping by tailoring silica particle concentrations. Applied Physics Letters,109, 021601 (2016).
(49) William S.Y. Wong, Minfei Li, Vincent S. J. Craig, David R. Nisbet, Zuankai Wang. Antonio Tricoli. Mimosa origami: a nanostructure-enabled directional self-organization regime of materials. Science Advances, 2, e1600417 (2016). (Highlighted by Nature,Nature Physics News & Views)
(48) Tamanna Alam, Wenming Li, Fanghao Yang, Wei Chang, Jing Li, Zuankai Wang, Jamil Khan, Chen Li. Force analysis and bubble dynamics during flow boiling in silicon nanowire microchannels. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 101, 905 (2016).
(47) Mei Zhang, Yanhua Zhao, et al. Interfacial engineering of bimetallic Ag/Pt nanoparticles on reduced graphene oxide matrix for enhanced antimicrobial activity. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 8, 8834 (2016).
(46) Xiaowen Huang, Wanqing Yue, et al. Monitoring the intracellular calcium response to a dynamic hypertonic environment. Scientific Reports, 6, 23591 (2016).
(44) Yanhua Zhao, Mei Zhang, Zuankai Wang. Underwater superoleophobic membrane with enhanced oil-water separation, antimicrobial and antifouling activities. Advanced Materials Interfaces, 1500664 (2016).
(43) Chonglei Hao, Yahua Liu, Xuemei Chen, Jing Li, Mei Zhang, Yanhua Zhao, Zuankai Wang. Bioinspired interfacial materials with enhanced drop mobility: From fundamentals to multifunctional applications. Small, 12, 1825 (2016) (Frontispiece)
(42) William Wong, Philipp Gutruf, Sharath Sriram, Madhu Bhaskaran, Zuankai Wang, Antonio Tricoli, Strain engineering of nanofibers for reversible wetting and adhesion switching. Advanced Functional Materials, 26, 399 (2016).
(41) Bo Zhang, Qing Lei, Zuankai Wang, Xianren Zhang. Droplet can rebound toward both directions on textured surfaces with a wettability gradient. Langmuir, 32, 346-351 (2016).
(36) Xuemei Chen, Shuhuai Yao, Zuankai Wang. Evaporation of condensate droplets on structured surfaces with gradient roughness. Journal of Heat Transfer, 137, 080903, (2015).
(35) Youmin Hou, Miao Yu, Xuemei Chen, Zuankai Wang, Shuhuai Yao. Filmwise-to-dropwise condensation transition enabled by patterned high wetting contrast. Journal of Heat Transfer. 137, 080907, (2015).
(34) Yan Huang, Hong Hu, Yang Huang, Minshen Zhu, Wenjun Meng, Chang Liu, Zengxia Pei, Chonglei Hao, Zuankai Wang, Chunyi Zhi. From industrially weavable and knittable highly conductive yarns to large wearable energy storage textiles. ACS Nano, 9, 4766-4775 (2015)
(33) Eklavya Singh, Philippe K. Chow, Bartolomeu Cruz Viana Neto, Jian Gao, Jian Luo,Jing Li, Ana Laura Elías, Yunfeng Shi, Zuankai Wang, Mauricio Terrones, Nikhil Koratkar. Wettability of monolayer transition metal dichalcogenides. ACS Nano, 9, 3023–3031 (2015).
(32) Youmin Hou, Miao Yu, Xuemei Chen, Zuankai Wang, Shuhuai Yao. Recurrent filmwise and dropwise condensation on a beetle mimetic surface. ACS Nano, 9, 71-81 (2015) (Front Cover)
(25) Dandan Liu, Changqing Yi, Kaiqun Wang, Chi-Chun Fong, Zuankai Wang, Pik Kwan Lo, Dong Sun, and Mengsu Yang. Reorganization of Cytoskeleton and Transient Activation of Ca2+ Channels in Mesenchymal Stem Cells Cultured on Silicon Nanowire Arrays. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 5, 13295 (2013)
(24) Xuemei Chen Ruiyuan Ma, Hongbo Zhou, Xiaofeng Zhou, Lufeng Che, Shuhuai Yao, Zuankai Wang. Activating the microscale edge effect in a hierarchical surface for frosting suppression and defrosting promotion, Scientific Reports, 3, 2515 (2013)
(23) D. Yang, Jianzhong Ma, Min Gao, Yanling Luo, Wenli Hui, Mingli Peng, Chao Chen, Zuankai Wang, Yali Cui. Suppression of composite nanoparticles aggregation through steric stablization and ligand exchange for colorimetric protein detection. RSC Advances, 3, 9681(2013).
(22) Mei Zhang, Zuankai Wang. Ag NWs-graphene hybrids for enhanced electrochemical detetection of hydrogen peroxide. Applied Physics Letters, 102, 213104(2013)
(21) K. Rykaczewski, Adam T Paxson, Sushant Anand, Xuemei Chen, Zuankai Wang, Kripa K Varanasi. Multimode multidrop serial coalescence effects during condensation on hierarchical superhydrophobic surfaces. Langmuir, 29, 881(2013).
(20) Xuemei Chen, Ruiyuan Ma, Jintao Li, Chonglei Hao, Wei Guo, B.L.Luk, Shuaicheng Li, Shuhuai Yao, Zuankai Wang. The evaporation of droplets on superhydrophobic surfaces: Surface roughness and small droplet size effects. Physical Review Letters, 109, 116101 (2012).
(19) Konrad Rykaczewski, William A. Osborn, Jeff Chinn, Marlon L. Walker, John Henry J. Scott, Wanda Jones, Chonglei Hao, Shuhuai Yao, Zuankai Wang, How nanorough is rough enough to make a surface superhydrophobic during water condensation?. Soft Matter, 8, 8786 (2012)
(18) Wenli Hui, Feng Shi, Kunping Yan, Mingli Peng, Xiao Cheng, Yanling Luo, Xuemei Chen, V. A. L. Roy, Yali Cui, Zuankai Wang. Multifunctional nanoparticles exhibiting tunable saturation magnetization and enhanced bioconjugation. Nanoscale, 4,747 (2012)
"The cover story of this month's Advanced Functional Materials is the neatest idea in the field of surface engineering that I've seen in a long time....".Quoted by Nature Physics Senior Editor Ed Gerstner.
(16) Xiaolin Wang , Shuxun Chen, Marco Kong, Zuankai Wang, KD Costa, Ronald Li, and Dong Sun . "Enhanced cell sorting and manipulation with combined optical tweezer and microfluidic chip technologies," Lab on a Chip, 11,3656 (2011)
(15) Jun Wu, Ruiyuan Ma, Zuankai Wang , Shuhuai Yao. "Do droplets always move following the wettability gradient?". Applied Physics Letters, 98, 204104 (2011)
(14)Xiaofeng Zhou, Lufeng Che, Bin Xiong, Kebin Fan, Yuelin Wang, Zuankai Wang."Single wafer fabrication of a symmetric double-sided beam–mass structure using DRIE and wet etching by a novel vertical sidewall protection technique" Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 20, 115009 (2010)
(13) Bernard Malouin, Nikhil Koratkar, Amir Hirsa , Zuankai Wang . "Directed rebounding of droplets by microscale surface roughness gradients." Applied Physics Letters, 96, 234103 (2010)
(12) Zuankai Wang, Sau Yin Chin, Curtis Chin, John Sarik, Maritza Harper, Jessica Justman, Samuel Sia. "Microfluidic CD4+ T cell counting device using chemiluminescence based detection." Analytical Chemistry,82, 36 (2010).
(10) Chen Li *, Zuankai Wang *, Pei-I Wang, Yoav Peles, Nikhil Koratkar, George Peterson. "Nanostructured copper interfaces for enhanced boiling." Small, 4, 1084(2008) ( * Those authors contributed equally to this work)
This work was featured byNature in their news section (04 July 2008), doi: 10.1038/news.2008.935
(9) Zuankai Wang, Lijie Ci, Li Chen, Saroj Nayak, Pulickel M. Ajayan, Nikhil Koratkar. "Polarity-dependent electrochemically controlled transport of water through carbon nanotube membranes." Nano Letters, 7, 697 (2007)
(8) Zuankai Wang, Lijie Ci, Pulickel M. Ajayan, Nikhil Koratkar. "Combined micro/nanoscale roughness for enhanced hydrophobic stability in carbon nanotube arrays." Applied Physics Letters, 90, 143117 (2007)
(7) Zuankai Wang, Carlos Lopez, Amir Hirsa, Nikhil Koratkar. "Impact dynamics and rebound of water droplets on superhydrophobic carbon nanotube arrays." Applied Physics Letters, 91, 023105 (2007 )
(6) Zuankai Wang, Ya Ou, Toh-Ming Lu, Nikhil Koratkar. "Wetting and electrowetting in nanotemplated parylene." Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 111, 4296 (2007)
(5) Hongwu Zhang, Zhongqiang Zhang, Lei Wang, Jinbao Wang, Yonggang Zheng, Zuankai Wang. "Pressure control model for transport of liquid mercurys in carbon nanotube." Applied Physics Letters, 90, 144105(2007)
(4) Wei Zhang, Amit Joshi, Zuankai Wang, Ravi Kane, Nikhil Koratkar. "Creep mitigation in composites using carbon nanotube additives." Nanotechnology, 18,185703 (2007)
(3) Zuankai Wang, Nikhil Koratkar. "Suppressing electrostatic screening effect in nanostructured arrays." Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 6, 1979 (2006)
(2) Zuankai Wang #, Denggang Zong, Deren Lu, Bin Xiong, Xinxin Li, Yuelin Wang. "A silicon micromachined high-g shock accelerometer with iso-width twin-mass and plate structure." Sensors and Actuators A, 107, 50 (2003)
(1) Zuankai Wang, Denggang Zong, Deren Lu, Bin Xiong, Yuelin Wang, Minhang Bao. "A micromachined piezoresistive high-g accelerometer with high sensitivity and wide bandwidth: design and modeling." International Journal of Nonlinear Sciences and Numerical Simulation, 3, 307 (2002)
(2) Zuankai Wang, Nikhil Koratkar. "Understanding and Controlling Wetting Phenomena at the Micro and Nanoscales", in "Nanostructured Thin Films and Surfaces", Wiley, pp 331-362, March 2010..
(1) Kweku Addae-Mensah, Zuankai Wang, Hesam Parsa, Sau Yin Chin, Tassaneewan Laksanasopin, Samuel Sia. "Fundamentals of Microfluidic Devices", in Microfluidic Devices in Nanotechnology: Fundamental Concepts ", Wiley, pp 1-38, May 2010.
(3) Zuankai Wang, Sau Yin Chin, Samuel Sia. "CD4 cell counting device and method of manufacturing the same". US Patent, 20110028341.